일요일, 12월 17, 2006

이번 주 한국어 속담



가까운 길 마다하고 먼 길로 간다.


한국어 의미 : 편하고 빠른 방법이 있는데도 구태여 어렵고 힘든 방법을 택한다는 뜻.
English meaning : To intentionally choose a difficult and tough method even though there is an easy and fast way.

(Disclaimer : I took many days to search for the english meaning but still could not find one. The above is my own interpretation. I am not sure if it is correct. I am not sure of its application too. 미안해요. 가르쳐 주세요.)

댓글 8개:

익명 :

"Taking the road less-travelled". sometimes, it's wiser to do that, to avoid traffic, to be able to slow down and enjoy the view.

very wise.

익명 :

Equinox 씨, check out this site :

http://bbs15.xilu.com/cgi-bin/bbs/view?forum=sunlina&message=32709

Equinox :

네, 알겠습니다.

Equinox :

My translation would be, one should loathe short-cut and instead go by the long route. I guess it is supposed to serve as a warning that taking short-cut will ultimately lead to failure and it is better and wiser to take a longer route.

Song :

Spicebear's translation is correct.

정확한 번역입니다.

익명 :

Song 씨, 고마워요. Aini 씨, Equinox 씨도 고마워요.

Song :

btw, where did you take that pic? 길이 예쁘네요... ^^

익명 :

네, 저도 그렇게 생각해요. 사진을 인사동 쌈지길에서 찍었어요.